Tuesday, February 15, 2022

I gotta start somewhere...

No more waiting. 
My portfolio project has begun. 
Ready or not, I am extremely excited to give this my all. 

Nerves

    Where do I begin? How do I even start to come up with a concept I can expand on to create a film opening I am proud of? How will I ever narrow down my choices from an infinite plethora of possibilities?


PICK A GENRE, ANY GENRE. 

    Exploring genres I am interested in and have enjoyed seems the best place to start. 

    I know I want to do something relating to teenage life in someway. Wether it be inside a teenagers mind, following the story of a teenager, etc... Sticking to something I am familiar with as a 16 year old girl is something that is important to me.

    This broad concept of teens could fall under the genre of coming of age or quite literally any sub-genre involving the word "teen" (teen drama, teen mystery, etc.). 


The Perks of being a Wallflower (2012)
coming of age
    


    With deeper analysis of my own desires, for this film opening, I keep on gravitating back to the concept of wonder. I want to create a film opening that will leave the audience drawn in, wondering what is going to happen next. 

    While keeping my teenage-centered story, falling towards the drama and/or fantasy genre may be a great way to create the desired sense of wonder I long for. 


Black Swan (2010)
drama

Into The Woods (2014)
fantasy


    I believe I will end up doing something within this realm of genres. It feels the most natural as it is what i'm most familiar with and what I tend to enjoy the most.


What's it gonna be?

    A final decision of genre will come with the final selection of concept for my film opening. For now, I shall brainstorm. 
    



Until we meet again, blog. 👋
I hope to see you next with some electrifying film-introduction ideas.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...