Monday, March 21, 2022

THATS A WRAP!

 After a longer than expected process, filming has been completed!

Some of the many clips in my camera roll


I mentioned this in my last blog post, but sometimes no matter how much you plan, you can always run into dilemmas while actually filming! 


THE MIRROR SCENE

    This is the main section of my film opening. My plan going into this was to set up my tripod at the desired angle and film for about 3 minutes where I change into the clothes and then compare myself to the picture in frame. Then, I would select my favorite parts from those 3 minutes and cut the rest, so I would be left with around a minute.

    I followed this plan. After filming the first time, I realized my fan was on. The fan was too distracting from a viewer's point of view so, take 2. I then realized I had unnecessary items in the background. So, I changed the position of my tripod just a bit and removed some background items. Take 3, I filmed how I planned with the computer with the picture of the girl in frame. 

    There was nothing I could label as "wrong" with my third attempt, but it made me think. Would this shot be more focused on me if I didn't have the computer in the shot? So, I did a fourth take. Now, I have these two shots of the same scene. Maybe I will incorporate both into the project, maybe not. I'm just glad I am giving myself options for editing.



Take 3 - Shot with computer

Take 4 - Shot without computer


    Just because filming is complete does not mean the hard part of this project is over. I now will move onto post production, editing. Decisions to be made, clips to be cut, music to edit.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...