Wednesday, February 22, 2023

A little update on me : )

As it is crucial to document project growth on this blog, I think it's just as important to check up on personal growth as a creator from time to time...

Last year, I worked solo on my portfolio project. I did this out of desire for most creative control and straight-forward execution of my vision.

This year, I once again had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted my project to look like- but I felt like I needed to work with someone. Not for the reasoning of my idea was too much to handle alone, but I needed to force myself out of my comfort zone. 

Jack and I decided to work together because we are friends outside of class so it would be easy to meet up and communicate about project details. 

Im not gonna lie, I was super skeptical at first if I had made the right decision. It had nothing to do with Jack as a person, rather me. I'm super passionate about media, and I often feel the need to be in control. I wasn't sure if working with someone would be right for me. But, as Jack and I were doing the character breakdown, I was proved wrong instantly.

I started typing away describing the characters in detail. I was describing their characteristics and possible quotes they would say, encapsulating their personalities. Jack suggested I was getting ahead of myself and started strategizing why and how the characters were all gathered there together instead of just what kind of people they were. He came up with some brilliant explanations that then led the motive of our heist to fall into place.

This was such a simple moment in our project development that has already taught me something new about how to tackle such a large project.

It seems cliche but I am learning everyday, even through the little things.

So, thank you Jack for unintentionally teaching me how to be a more open-minded collaborator. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...