Sunday, February 20, 2022

Inspiration Strikes

I have this vision. 

    While my film intro plays visuals of a girl comparing herself to social media and not feeling good enough, I want my voiceover to be describing a metaphor. I was stuck on what exactly this metaphor should be. I wanted it to portray the concept of unreachable expectations. I began thinking...


Whats something that seems so simple, but cannot be done no matter how hard anyone tries?


THE FIRST THING THAT CAME TO MY MIND: 

Folding a paper in half more than 7 times. 


    Now, this may seem silly as an idea, but it pieced my entire vision together. I think opening the voiceover with a statement such as "it's impossible to fold a standard piece of paper in half more than 7 times" could be super intriguing. As the metaphor develops and visuals are shown of comparison, making a parallel to the impossible standard of an 8th fold, the insecurities of the main character will be introduced properly. It's a message that would be compelling for the rest of the film to be set up off of. I also think it goes well with the intended vibe of dim lighting and disparity. I don't think I'll ever show visuals of folding paper, it will just remain the spoken metaphor. 

    The next thing I think i'm going to focus on for this opening is storyboarding, so hopefully then I can work with creating a voiceover script and working it into certain storyboard frames.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...