Thursday, February 24, 2022

The Storyboard

I have completed a storyboard that corresponds with the sequence I made in my last blog post! 




*My project is still unnamed for the time being, so ignore that. 


The beauty of storyboarding

    After laying out a sequence I wasn't sure if a storyboard (even a basic, not too in depth one like this) was necessary. But, I made myself do one anyways cause human brains tend to be lazy and sometimes cut out important steps. And this was seriously so helpful. It helped to fill in some gray area in my sequence and visualize how the shots might actually look. I explored perspective such as the high angle in rummaging through clothes in square #9 and the shots of changing into the clothes while looking into the mirror in square #11 and #12.

    I also got to play with some technique brainstorming. I'm thinking of possibly doing some kind of focus pull from square #12 to #13 and even made note of it. Simpler techniques like the eyeline match (square #4 to #5) were also clearly planned out.

    In square #15 I made note of how I wanted the film's title to be behind the laptop or appear when the laptop is closed, making for a clean but open ending. I'll definitely play around with font, color, and sizing eventually to fit the vibe well of the entire opening. I'll also apply these details to the opening credits.


Also...

    Something not exactly related to the storyboard itself but I still made note of after square #15 is that I really want my voiceover to give most of the feeling of my story leading into something bigger. The laptop closing at the end of the film opening may seem like ending if this was an ONLY visual project. But, with a nicely written voiceover I think the closing of the laptop can be seen as more of a transition into the rest of the film. So, I definitely will start working on that very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...