Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Costume Design

     My film opening has two outfits my character wears. One is the standard outfit she is wearing while scrolling through social media on her laptop, and the other is the one she tries on to try and look like the girl in the photo.

    For the first outfit, I didn't want to overthink it too much. I want it to be something very casual- something a teenage girl would wear while just relaxing in her bedroom. I usually take part in this kind of relaxation in a hoodie, but I didn't want any hoodie logo to take away from what's happening in the opening. So, I searched my closet and found a nice, plain maroon sweater. 


The first outfit my character will be wearing!


    For the second outfit, the choice is very simple. It's intended to replicate the photo of the girl on social media. So, I searched my closet and found near identical jeans and a closely matching halter top. The top isn't exact, but I like it that way. My whole message is supposed to be that no matter how reachable an expectation feels- it's not. So, let the shirt be not perfect!


The outfit being replicated


Outfit replication


Thanks for joining me, blog! Costumes are looking good!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...