Monday, March 14, 2022

Group Meet!

     Today in Media we had our very first group meet where we got the opportunity to discuss our projects. I received and gave an abundance of feedback which was really great!


Here is the group I met with! (That's me in the white hoodie in the back!)


    I gave a quick summary of my film opening and then I presented my main concerns which were: (noticed how I said were, past tense) 

  • Is the ending I planned good enough to lead into the rest of the film?
  • I need to decide on a title. Pronto. 
  • Is the voiceover about paper necessary? Does it feel too random?


MY ENDING- 
    My current ending is planned to have my character look at herself in the mirror and feel like she looks good enough to leave and she closes her laptop showing the image she now looks like. My concern was that this may seem too much like a short film ending, but my group assured me that it definitely feels like there is more to come with the film as the girl's confidence is artificial. They also said that the credits with the shots mold to create a opening, not a short film. 


TITLE-
    I haven't really put much thought into this yet. I was just kind of waiting until an idea came to me. I proposed the name "UNFOLDABLE" to go with my voiceover about paper and my group seemed to really like it. So, that may be a winner. 


VOICEOVER-
    Over the past few weeks of a lot of heavy planning about filming, I started to wonder if my planned voiceover was even necessary. I explained how I was planning to talk about folding paper as a metaphor. Was this too random? Would people understand?    
    Tess, an old friend and participant in my group, expressed that she really enjoyed the dissonance created by the idea of paper and the visual of comparison. I really appreciated this, it was entirely my vision and her approval definitely made me feel super understood! So, it is a yes to the voiceover for now unless something else corrupts my vision. 



Successful class!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...