Sunday, March 13, 2022

Journal Art!

Hello blog!

I am still recovering from my cold. I have been in bed all morning. 

While filming still isn't something I feel well enough to do, I wanted to stay productive on this project. 

    I thought about every shot I need to film (I referred to my handy shot list) and I realized one of my first shots, a still, is my journal! The perfect activity for recovering from being a little sick- making art! 


THE ART

    I want the shot of my journal to be very visually pleasing while encapsulating my character's conflict of comparison. I looked back at a few of my past sketches where i've drawn text conversations, phone screens, and faces. I combined a few of these past ideas and molded them to my idea and came up with this spread- 




    Im super proud of it and I think it encapsulates the intended vibe very well. The phone screen has an outline of a body on social media, very obviously on theme. Words are displayed around the spread like "WHY NOT ME?" and "NOT GOOD ENOUGH", as well as text conversations displaying desperation and sorrow. Like counts, broken hearts, and scribbles are also shown, giving the piece a messier feeling. Then, eyes are shown, giving the feeling of being watched or added pressure. 

    This spread isn't as cluttered as the spreads I usually make, but I didn't want it to be super crazy. I don't want the viewer to feel the need to pause to take in every individual thing on the spread. I want it to be a few seconds long- long enough to take in the vibe and move along with the viewing of the opening. 

    I enjoy including a lot of personal touches into this project such as art that make it even that much more meaningful to a viewer. If there is anything I have learned about this project it's that it takes a BOAT LOAD of preparation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...