Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Creating my Voiceover Script

     Starting something like a script is always difficult. I have my base idea, folding paper more than 7 times is impossible, and a few other components I definitely want to add in at a point. To organize my thoughts, I made a list of these components.



    

    Most of them are words I want to info operate at one point, some are quotes, and some are just ideas. With this list, I used it in chronological order to create my script. I really like how it came out! 

Here it is-


It is impossible to fold a standard sized piece of paper in half more than 7 times.

This commonly spread concept first reach our fragile ears at a young age.

When our freshly weaved brains wouldn’t let a simple statement of truth get in our way...

Grasping a clean sheet of parchment with no doubts, no abstract thought

The first 2 folds inflated our confidence

Just a few more seemed in our reach 

Creating crevices by creasing what we were told was not possible

4... 5... 6... 7... 

Maybe if I unfold and try again

Repeating my halves until I am left with half of my original confidence and a wrinkled piece of hope 

Getting smaller and smaller and smaller and...

Maybe if I get a bigger piece of paper,

or perhaps a thinner kind?

Maybe a different color would make it doable.

It couldn’t be my failure, I had to make an adjustment.

I couldn’t fold

My brain couldn’t fold my true inability to overpower science

Unraveling my paper

at such a young age

when I first realized

the possibility of inauthenticity...

If I fold my paper 7 times and say it was the impossible 8th fold,

maybe,

just maybe...

Only in the impressionable eyes of those around me,

I could clutch the idea of an impossible expectation

and conquer it.



    I really tried to do my best to emphasize my character's false confidence shown at the end of my opening. She looks happy and confident, but it's fabricated. It's inauthentic. It's not ACTUALLY the 8th fold. Others may think the girl looks good and is happy. But she's not, it's a lie. It's forced. 

    Not having a happy ending to this script makes for what I hope to serve as an unfinished story, leading into the rest of the film. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...