Saturday, March 26, 2022

Editing, Editing, Editing!

     I imported all of my clips into iMovie to start editing! I have 10 minutes total of footage. I need to get to 2 minutes total, but i'm planning to edit around 1:55-1:57 total so I can leave time to create a production logo for the beginning. 


Production Company Logo

    I didn't stress this too much. I decided to go with the name "Blu Films" as Blu is my middle name. I created a moving graphic and slapped it on a landscape background. I'll play this for the first 3-5 seconds of my opening.

http://
The still version of my production company logo



Cut it down!

    Now the hard part, shaving off 8 minutes of film. I sorted through the clips and put them in chronological order. Not only do I want to shave it down, I want to keep each clip not too long so the opening is never too boring. I also want to try to cut from clip to clip with some of the beats as much as possible as I think it creates a more advanced feel. 

    After about an hour of playing around with the clips, I narrowed it down to the desired length. I'd insert the video here, but it's not finished just yet! I'm missing two very important aspects-
  • the voiceover
  • the text for credits & the title

    The credits are simple, but the voiceover will take me a little while. So, until next time blog. We're almost at the end!!!
    
    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...