Saturday, March 5, 2022

Set Design & Such

        When creating a piece about teenage life, it is extremely important to embody the lifestyle accurately. Many productions over exaggerate the vibe or just miss the ball park completely, but being a teenager I think I totally got this.

        I have planned to have a few stills showing the girl’s bedroom and surrounding elements before introducing what she is doing or worrying about. This way, the viewer can grasp she is a normal teenage girl, with normal teenage girl things, in an accurate way. 

        The stills I have planned include a phone (pretty basic & self explanatory), a journal, a picture wall, and a long shot of the girls bed and wall while she’s in frame. 



THE JOURNAL

        I, a fellow teenage girl, keep a journal. So this should be easy. I’m thinking of creating some drawings with words here and there embodying jealousy or envy. Maybe i’ll draw some faces, some eyes, or some bodies. I think this will be a great first look for the viewer to understand there will be conflict regarding beauty standards. 





        The picture above is a random page in my journal I drew a month or so ago with a bunch of faces. This same vibe is what I want to achieve- a bit eerie but also very compelling. 





THE PICTURE WALL

        I have always had a bunch of photos i’ve wanted to hang up in my room but never got around to it. I decided today that this project was an excellent excuse to finally just do it and have it be apart of my set design. The photos don’t have much meaning themself- they are just pictures of my family from different times and pictures of my parents as a young couple. I didn’t want the photos to be very descriptive to the character, more just symbolizing towards a design a teenager would have in their room. Here is the picture wall from a little bit of a distance so you can focus more on the layout than the pictures themselves-







THE ROOM AS A WHOLE


        This is a picture of my room in nice lighting. I think my mattress and fake vines both fit a teenage vibe very well. I definitely will have the bed not as put together to create more of a distressed feeling. The biggest change from my normal room to the design for this opening would be the lighting. I want it to be dim with a computer screen lighting up the girl’s face. But overall, go me for being a teenage girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...