Tuesday, March 8, 2022

The Perfect Hue

     I've been thinking a little bit more about portraying a not so happy and bright vibe right from the beginning. Since I am starting my intro with stills, it might be hard to understand what mood is being portrayed. Yes, i'll have music. But, what other aspect can I add to make the vibe clearly understood?


LIGHTING. DUH!


    I decided pretty early on in this project that I didn't want high key lighting whatsoever. I wanted dimness. But taking that vision a step further- should I add some color in? 

* I don't know if ALL the lighting will come from a colored lighting source, but maybe some of it. 

    Anyway, I own colorful LED lights that I can practically choose any color for them to be. So, lets talk about COLOR PSYCHOLOGY.


Psychology of Color

Like the diligent AICE Media student I am, I took notes on this earlier this year-



    From these notes, I can immediately conclude I will opt for a cool hue rather than a warm hue. This will portray more of a passive feeling rather than electric. So, we are down to green, pinkblues, and violets. I want to rule out greens and pinks as I think they are too loud in a sense. Pink seems too positive and green feels too out of nowhere. Like my notes say, it feels to nature-esc.
    
    We're down to two contenders... 

BLUES vs VIOLETS

    Both choices feel a little bit too bold on their own. Blue can portray sadness which is a bit too strong of a feeling for my vision. Purple can portray inspiration. But combining these two hues into more of a mixed hue... I think I will create the perfect vibe.


THE PERFECT HUE


    And here she is folks! A beautiful mix of blue and violet, portraying a muted vibe of sorrow and concentration with a touch of inspiration. I think it will go perfectly with my opening. ☺




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...