Thursday, March 3, 2022

The Shot List

 I have compiled a shot list for my opening.



    This shot list coincides with my storyboard I made earlier in this planning process (see my "The Storyboard" blog entry). It will help my filming process remain orderly rather than not chronological or hectic. 

    There are some shots (see number 5 and 16) that aren't solidified. I have presented more than one way of filming the same moment. I will execute all ways and see which looks better in the completed opening during the post-production process. I like planning out giving myself options with shots like these as it allows for the project to fully mold to the intended vibe. 


SHOT #16

This shot consists of the girl looking back at the photo she envies after trying on the clothes. Here are the shots I am going to film-

  • A shot where the camera pans from the mirror to the computer, matching the girls eye gaze (NOT a POV shot, the camera will be positioned behind the girl). 
  • A still medium shot where you can see the mirror AND the computer. The girl is in focus and her eye gaze shifts from looking at her to looking at the computer. The focus then shifts to the computer. 
  • A medium shot of just the mirror of the girl looking at her self then glancing to the right. Another shot is presented after of just the computer, an eyeline match.

    

    If I was trying to get this project done as quickly and carelessly as possible, I'd just chose #3. That choice is by far the easiest to film. But, I am super determined to alter every shot as needed to use the most technique as possible, creating a very put together and advanced film opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...