Sunday, February 26, 2023

Polished Opening Scene

Through the program Fade In, Jack and I created a proper layout of the opening scene we had completed a first draft for.

Some things to note:
  • I messaged all our friends that will join Jack and I in filming this piece and asked them what they were almost named by their parents. That is now their character name. Official cast reveal coming soon :)
  • Jack really helped with the understanding of intention told through Embers character- to tell a compelling narrative whilst also being slightly unrealistic with the pursuit to entertain. 
The actual PDF of just the opening scene is pretty long so here's a snippet of about 1/5 of the scene, the climax:



Note a specific detail Jack and I decided to include is a small clip of of our later revealed crime committer. During the first watch, the viewer won't really note him, but he's detectable from the second watch.

We thought this was a cool thing to create- something that could have new aspects after more than 1 watch.

Script writing is going pretty well I'd say. 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

I can't believe we're here. Im so happy. May I very proudly present to you,  "TAKEOUT" (Click here or watch below!) @Takeo...